Based on an article written by Healthline, guava fruit and the juice extracted from its leaves by squeezing or boiling, contain many organic chemicals that are good for the human body when consumed on a regular basis because they are loaded with powerful antioxidants, potassium, sugar absorption lowering fiber, and vitamin C, which are all useful to the body in many ways. In this article, I want to briefly discuss eight reasons why you should boil and drink guava leaf tea regularly.
1. You should always simmer or boil and consume guava tea leaves more regularly since it helps enhance the lowering of your blood glucose levels, and this should always be done by diabetes patients. The juice, when taken, helps manage blood sugar levels as well as reduce insulin resistance by extracting the guava leaves.
2. Guava leaf extract has a good quantity of antioxidants, which can effectively prevent the development of dangerous free radicals in the blood and so increase the heart’s ability to function properly, thereby reducing the chance of developing certain heart-related problems.
3. The guava juice can also be taken by women during their menstrual cycle to alleviate pain.
4. Vitamin C in guava leaf extract acts as an immune booster, allowing the body’s defenses to function more effectively. Its high levels of Vitamin C and iron in a decoction of guava leaves are very helpful in relieving coughs and colds as they help get rid of mucus. It also disinfects the respiratory tract, throat, and lungs.
5. Its benefit to skin is that the antioxidants present in guava leaf extract may replenish and preserve skin from some harm, as well as slow the aging process.
6. Guava leaf tea is a traditional remedy for diarrhea in many parts of the world. Evidence from animal studies suggests that the leaf extract may have the potential to treat infectious diarrhea.
7. Several studies of various guava leaf extracts, including guava leaf tea, have demonstrated anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties. There are several compounds in the leaves that may contribute to these properties, including flavonoids (antioxidants), tannins, and acids (gallic and betulinic).
8. Guava leaves have antioxidants that can quickly destroy free radicals, which end up damaging your skin. The leaves protect your skin from getting damaged and prevent it from aging. Moreover, you can also consume it to make your skin texture better and improve your skin tone. You can also apply a decoction of these leaves to your face to tighten your skin.